The first step in finding a school that would be the right fit for you, (besides your own personal preference) is most certainly making sure that they are an accredited one. It can be very convenient to be able to take the necessary exams in order to get your certification at the school that you are taking the required classes. This will only be the case if in fact, you are attending a school or massage therapy program which has accreditation from a federally sanctioned organization.
It is highly recommended to look for schools that are accredited by these boards :
Accordingly, look for schools that are accredited by these boards:
- National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA)
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
Do your research on this and check back next week for our opinion of what your second step should be.
You can also check out this link below to view some school comparisons :